22 June 2010

We're Back!



NOTE: Originally published June 7, 2010

I have a dear college friend to thank for the inspiration to start up this blog again after months of frustration with a couple of hosting sites. I'm very excited!

So… here we are in the first week of June, with the last days of class at Waldorf School approaching. A busy week, unfortunately, as we still have to make butter and pick strawberries on Wednesday in order to bake breakfast breads for Lovey’s class picnic on Friday. Heading to a local park with kids and parents, so hope it won’t rain. Again.

We’re a bit ahead of the game, though, since we assembled the gift baskets for Lovey’s teachers this morning. Lovey woke up sick today so we laid low and got them done. Used some lovely baskets as containers for our handcrafted gifts. One was made by my brother years ago and sat filled with silk flowers in my mom’s living room; the other was from a gift she gave me.
















Lovey filled them with shredded paper and we stamped some muslin bags to hold our homemade playdough/finger-knitted necklaces. An egg-wash really made the color on the charms stand out.


Lovey carefully “wrote” out her thank you notes. I attached my favorite photo of her to the front.

Friday morning we’ll load up the nasturtium and zinnia peat pots we planted and the baskets will be complete!

Little one is nearly up from her nap, so my time is up. Catch you all later in the week…

No comments:

Post a Comment